Subject: 27.1; Regression in `report-emacs-bug'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 21:30:41 +0000 (UTC)

>From emacs -Q, when I use C-c C-c to send a bug report, it used to just
ask me how to send it, with "mail client" being the default.

Now it asks me whether <my
host>.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me is really my email
address.  When I say no, it just ends the interaction.

This is a regression.  What's more, after I edit that default From field
to provide my email address, it asks whether I want to save this.  I
answer yes, but it makes no difference.  Another M-x report-emacs-bug,
at least in the same session, shows that it still uses that default From
text.

All of this is a regression, I believe.  I can easily use M-x
report-emacs-bug from emacs -Q with other releases, and not have to jump
through any such hoops.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2020-08-12 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 86d8d76aa36037184db0b2897c434cdaab1a9ae8
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18362
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.1903.18362.1016)