Subject: bug#43384: guix pull: backtrace "no route to host"

From: Jan Wielkiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 01:22:18 +0200

Hello, 
I tried running "guix pull" but it gave me a backtrace.

guix substitute: error: connect: No route to host
@ substituter-failed
/gnu/store/c4mzhay8jrg5r43wkn4f9004afvly0ad-po4a-0.57 256 fetching path
`/gnu/store/c4mzhay8jrg5r43wkn4f9004afvly0ad-po4a-0.57' failed with
exit code 1 @ substituter-started
/gnu/store/s6ha2sssblw06sjpw4zawzx98zwbj5m7-graphviz-2.42.3 substitute
killing process 6694 Backtrace: 11 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/lardz9zqi5ypgrdrj6dyfgj9p3bca2ab-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm: 155:9 10 (_ _) 159:9  9 (_
#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-user) 7fe2f2ca4f?> ?) ?)
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?)) In ./guix/store.scm: 2042:24  8
(run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7fe2f10265f0> _
#:guile-for-build _ #:system _ #:target _) 1876:8  7 (_ _) In
./guix/gexp.scm: 244:18  6 (_ _)
   1064:2  5 (_ _)
    924:2  4 (_ _)
    785:4  3 (_ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  1924:12  2 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fe2f10265f0>)
   1357:5  1 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99
7fe2f10265f0> _ _) 1368:15  0 (_ #<store-connection 256.99
7fe2f10265f0> 7fe2f10265f0> _ _)

./guix/store.scm:1368:15: ERROR:
  1. &store-protocol-error:
      message: "some substitutes for the outputs of derivation
`/gnu/store/bxw2dzjmdrq7qmv0w1mpzqrkfqs9p7q2-po4a-0.57.drv' failed
(usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to build
derivation from source " status: 1 guix pull: error: You found a bug:
the program
'/gnu/store/lardz9zqi5ypgrdrj6dyfgj9p3bca2ab-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"71992a532dd0bb88b39dda285482b332a24dae66"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1192ae940434808560b3170107e4ce44855816c3"; pull-version:
1). Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.

Jan Wielkiewicz