Subject: 26.3; `toggle-menu-bar-mode-from-frame'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 20:58:16 +0000 (UTC)

I don't understand the doc string:

 Toggle menu bar on or off, based on the status of the current frame.
 See `menu-bar-mode' for more information.

I have no idea what is meant by "based on the status of the current
frame".  Is the status whether it shows the menu-bar?

Furthermore, this seems to be used only in menu Options > Show/Hide.
Which means it's only visible when the menu-bar is visible, right?

Sorry, but I just don't get the point of this command, e.g., compared
to command `menu-bar-mode'.

What's more, the doc string tells you to see the doc string of
`menu-bar-mode'.  But that doesn't explain anything more about
`toggle-menu-bar-mode-from-frame', e.g., how it differs from
`menu-bar-mode'.  It's not even mentioned there.

What is this command - what's its use case?  And can the doc string be
improved?

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-08-29
Repository revision: 96dd0196c28bc36779584e47fffcca433c9309cd
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18362
Configured using:
 `configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''