Subject: bug#43383: 26.3; `toggle-menu-bar-mode-from-frame'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 19:19:45 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 16:51:58 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I think this command indeed has a bug, in that it cannot disable the
> > menu bar only on the frame from which it is invoked.  It _can_ enable
> > the menu bar on a single frame, see my response to Drew.  So I think
> > this command needs to be improved.  But that's another issue; the doc
> > string definitely needs to be improved.  Will you do that, or should
> > I?
> 
> Please go ahead.

Done.

I'm not closing the bug, because I think we should make the command
work according to documentation: toggle the menu bar only on the frame
from which the command is invoked.  I think it should manipulate the
menu-bar-lines frame parameter instead of invoking menu-bar mode.

Patches welcome.