Subject: Re: bug#43383: 26.3; `toggle-menu-bar-mode-from-frame'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 17:50:50 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 01:30:03 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> It's something to do with...  multi-tty?  Which clarifies the meaning of
> "Toggle menu bar on or off, based on the status of the current frame."
> somewhat, since the exegesis says that the (global) status may be...
> wrong?
> 
> That sounds like a bug, doesn't it?

I think this command indeed has a bug, in that it cannot disable the
menu bar only on the frame from which it is invoked.  It _can_ enable
the menu bar on a single frame, see my response to Drew.  So I think
this command needs to be improved.  But that's another issue; the doc
string definitely needs to be improved.  Will you do that, or should
I?

Thanks.