Subject: bug#43381: 27.1.50; Maybe wrong cursor FG color in NS port

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 13:06:16 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I understand.  The result will be that every character under cursor
> will look the same regardless of its original face colors.

Oh, I didn't think of that as an issue...  I mean, the cursor blinks (by
default), so...  does anybody care?

> Which is both losing information and different from the face-merging
> we do everywhere else.
>
> The original problem, AFAIU, was not that we behave as we do, but that
> the result is almost illegible in some situations.

Yup.

> The solution to that doesn't have to be what you propose, it can be
> something else, which doesn't ignore our usual face-merging.  We just
> need to use a mechanism we have for this purpose: the
> distant-foreground color of a face.

The vast majority of faces don't have a distant-foreground, I think?
And that's in relation to the region face, not the cursor?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no