Subject: 23.1.50; Mouse pointer disappears

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 13:27:23 +0900

Hi,

Recently, after invoking some command that pops up to a new frame,
the mouse pointer disappears on the original frame in which that
command is invoked.  The problem can be reproduced with `emacs -Q'
as follows:

1. Eval this command:

(defun test (arg)
  (interactive (list (read-string "Type RET> ")))
  (let ((buffer (get-buffer-create "*testing*"))
	(pop-up-frames t))
    (pop-to-buffer buffer)))

2. Type `M-x test RET RET' in the Emacs frame A.
   Then the Emacs frame B rises and the mouse pointer moves there.

3. Move the mouse to the Emacs frame A manually.
   Then I see the mouse pointer disappears.

Is it only to me?  I use Emacs 23.1.50 the latest on Fedora 11
that is updated everyday.  It might be due to something new in
Fedora 11 but Emacs 23.1 has no problem.

Regards,