Subject: [bug#43330] [PATCH 0/6] Use pandoc instead of ghc-pandoc

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 09:59:07 +0200

Thank you for the quick review.

On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 at 23:38, Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
> > zimoun <[email-masked]> skribis:

> >> Note that rapicorn does not build, independently of {ghc-,}pandoc.  See:
> >>
> >> https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/rapicorn/output-history
> >
> > Uh.
>
> Rapicorn was only ever used for Beast, which we will likely not be able
> to include going forward as they plan to depend on npm things.

The home-page URL <https://rapicorn.testbit.org/> is "Not found", as
the source <https://testbit.eu/pub/dists/rapicorn/rapicorn-16.0.0.tar.xz>.
And Github <https://github.com/tim-janik/rapicorn> says that the last
commit is 2017 (I do not know if it is the main upstream repo).

The package beast does not build either, but that's another story.

Well, I suggest removing both.

And this asks how to detect automatically and report broken packages.
Another story (Data Service or Cuirass). :-)

Cheers,
simon