Subject: bug#43307: 28.0.50; `diff-no-select': no documentation for BUF argument

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 14:27:48 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Also, the new doc string of diff-no-select uses too much of passive
> tense; can we improve that?

I've taken a what of it.

> And finally, the SWITCHES argument is left semi-documented, since the
> doc string of 'diff' doesn't tell what happens in non-interactive
> calls if SWITCHES is specified, and doesn't say what should be its
> form in that case.

I've now removed the punting to diff and just explained the options in
this doc string.

> Thanks, but please backport this to the release branch, as doc changes
> should be installed there.

If the final result now looks OK, I can backport it.  It didn't seem
important enough (it's an internal function) to me, though.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no