Subject: Re: bug#43295: 26.1: calc-mode header line [UPDATED PATCH]

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 10:54:11 -0400

On 2020-09-13 15:15, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> This results in a trail buffer that looks like:

Which is intentional. This is the 'prior behavior' that I mentioned Eli
didn't want to change so as not to 'break backward compatability'. It's
all in the message history on emacs-devel.

> Which surely can't be optimal?  If modified as follows, the duplicated
> text disappears:

I don't mind. My original submission had no duplicate text. Eli might
mind.

One possible benefit of Eli's position is that someone might want to
save the trail buffer to a file and expect the title string. Another
benefit would be if there exists third-party code written to parse the
buffer expecting to delete the first two lines.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0