Subject: bug#43280: closed (Re: bug#43280: 28.0.50; [native-comp] Symbol's function definition is void)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 06:19:01 +0000

Your bug report

#43280: 28.0.50; [native-comp] Symbol's function definition is void

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
43280: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43280
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#43280: 28.0.50; [native-comp] Symbol's function definition is void
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: Rob Moss <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 06:18:12 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Rob Moss <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Yes, that's fixed the issue for me too. Brilliant, thank you very much
> for your help!
>
> All the best,
> Rob

Super, thank you for reporting it!

closing it

  Andrea

Subject: 28.0.50; [native-comp] Symbol's function definition is void
From: Rob Moss <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 19:13:10 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Andrea and others working native compilation,

I've been testing out the feature/native-comp branch and experienced an
issue with the elpher package (version 2.10, available on MELPA Stable)
that only occurs once this package has been compiled into a .eln file. When
using elpher to visit some, but not all, gemini URLs it produces the
following error message:

  Symbol’s function definition is void: \(setf\ url-port\)

I've assembled a minimal working example that triggers the issue when I
attempt to visit the URL 'gemini://mozz.us/':

---------- MWE starts ----------
(require 'package)

(add-to-list 'package-archives
             '("melpa-stable" . "https://stable.melpa.org/packages/") t)

(package-initialize)
(unless package-archive-contents
  (package-refresh-contents))

(unless (package-installed-p 'use-package)
  (package-install 'use-package))

(eval-when-compile (require 'use-package))

(use-package elpher
  :ensure t
  :pin melpa-stable)

(elpher-go "gemini://mozz.us/")
---------- MWE ends ----------

If I run (elpher-go "gemini://mozz.us/") before the .eln file is produced,
it visits the URL without any problems.

Thank you very much for all of your work on native compilation. It's made
noticeable differences in a few circumstances where I normally experience a
bit of lag/unresponsiveness, which I really appreciate.

All the best,
Rob

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.22,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-08-27 built on hermes
Repository revision: aa526c9470d679e9144af55d9e56928a111d2ceb
Repository branch: native-comp
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-nativecomp --with-json --with-cairo
 --prefix=/opt/emacs28 CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES NATIVE_COMP THREADS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_AU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  outshine-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  amx-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils two-column vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs mixed-pitch face-remap adaptive-wrap
olivetti reftex-dcr reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars tex-mode
flycheck-rust flycheck outshine outshine-org-cmds outorg ox-jfm ox-gfm
ox-md ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree
ob-shell ob-dot ob-python ob-haskell org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs init sanityinc-tomorrow-night-theme
vc-git whitespace flyspell ispell sort recentf tree-widget desktop
frameset gnutls nsm rmc dns shr kinsoku url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
puny svg xml dom elpher yaml-mode pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools cus-edit
cus-start cus-load pdf-view bookmark text-property-search jka-compr
pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util image-mode exif tablist tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic pp semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet org-install poly-R poly-noweb
ess-r-mode ess-r-flymake flymake-proc flymake ess-r-xref ess-trns
ess-r-package shell pcomplete ess-r-syntax ess-r-completion ess-roxy
ess-rd essddr hideshow ess-s-lang ess-help ess-mode poly-markdown
markdown-mode noutline outline polymode derived poly-lock polymode-base
polymode-weave polymode-export polymode-compat polymode-methods
polymode-core polymode-classes eieio-custom wid-edit eieio-base racer f
rust-mode ess ess-noweb-mode ess-inf ess-tracebug format-spec ess-utils
ido ess-custom executable pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc
esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util smartparens thingatpt
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-bbdb company pcase
spaceline-config spaceline-segments spaceline powerline comp warnings
powerline-separators powerline-themes dash diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode undo-tree diff amx s counsel xdg xref project
dired dired-loaddefs compile comint ansi-color swiper ivy ring colir
color ivy-overlay hercules which-key advice hl-todo
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow cl-extra help-mode use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf
paren edmacro kmacro delsel hl-line ess-generics rx info package
easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
early-init tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 666930 169823)
 (symbols 48 43469 48)
 (strings 32 190522 47062)
 (string-bytes 1 6172287)
 (vectors 16 66044)
 (vector-slots 8 1265926 207647)
 (floats 8 424 1044)
 (intervals 56 748 363)
 (buffers 992 16))