Subject: bug#43280: 28.0.50; [native-comp] Symbol's function definition is void

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 14:44:02 +0000

Rob Moss <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> I just tried it with 15acd27d1c0de8b56bab61daa0a8fcd4fef0fdc4 and
> experienced the same issue.
>
> All the best,
> Rob

Hi Rob,

I had some trouble reproducing with the reproduced as I got a lots of
errors `Invalid read syntax: "Invalid byte-code object"` byte-compiling
use-package.  This both on master and feature/native-comp.

Anyway I managed to reproduce the issue with elpher installing it
manually.

I believe the issue is not compiler related, elpher is using `url-port'
as a generalized variable (line 1326) but ATM I do not see this defined
anywhere in the Emacs codebase (maybe something was changed?).

That said this is a warning and elper for me gets still native compiled
and I manage to open something as you have suggested evaluating
(elpher-go "gemini://mozz.us/") also after elpher was loaded as native
code.

I believe this issue should be reported to the elpher maintainers but to
a quick search I didn't manage to find if and where the package is still
maintained.

Maybe you more info on this.

Thanks

  Andrea