Subject: bug#43270: 27.1; [PATCH] Enhance gnus-score-date to support scoring by article age

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 11:51:06 +0200

Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]> writes:

> The below patch to Gnus allows for scoring based on article age.
>
> For example:
>
> (("date"
>   (7 10 nil <)
>   (7 -10 nil >)
>   (14 -10 nil >)))
>
> results in articles less than a week old to get a 10 point increase,
> older than a week a 10 point decrease, and older than two weeks a
> cumulative 20 point decrease.

Thanks; applied with one change:

> *** /Users/awb/Desktop/gnus.info.~1~	2020-08-11 22:15:17.000000000 -0700
> --- /Users/awb/Desktop/gnus.info	2020-09-07 18:14:22.000000000 -0700

[...]

> +                The two additional match types ‘<’ and ‘>’ take an integer
> +                number of days as a match, similar to ‘lines’:

The .info files are generated files -- the documentation goes into
doc/misc/gnus.texi (and I expanded upon the feature somewhat based on
your email).

The patch is just small enough to go through without a copyright
assignment (and I forgot to mark the commit as such; sigh), but for any
future patches you might send, we'd need to have the copyright assigned
to the FSF.  Would you be willing to do that?  If so, we could start the
ball rolling now on the paperwork, so that any subsequent patches can be
applied faster.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no