Subject: bug#43269: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] provide a user feedback on Emacs being native compiled

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 10:25:50 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 06:35:22 +0000
>> 
>> Reviewing this bug; IIRC the suggestion that came-up on another thread
>> on the subject of this bug was to rework `about-emacs' so it could host
>> additional information, is this correct?
>
> Yes, AFAIU.

The summary is that ATM options on the table are:

1- rework `emacs-version' so it adds the information there (it should
   reflect on `about-emacs' too), this is suggested by Lars too.

2- close the bug as non related to feature/native-comp.

3- rework `about-emacs' in some other way (I've really no precise idea
   how).

This list is sorted using my preference as a metric :)

I'll go for 1 unless there's no agreement on.

  Andrea