Subject: Re: bug#43268: Update Org for Emacs 27.2

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 08:50:43 +0100

Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Kévin,

>>> Will you also volunteer to remove the block when Org 9.3 is installed
>>> in the Emacs repository?
>>
>> Wouldn't it be sufficient if this (bug#43268) is moved to done?
>
> About that…
>
> Closing this bug seems to have removed it from the list shown at the top
> of https://debbugs.gnu.org/43018 ("Fixed blocked by"); however, it's
> still present on M-x debbugs-gnu-emacs-release-blocking-reports (like
> 42851).

Yes, but it is marked as done.

> 1. Do we care?
> 2. If so,
>     a. should I tell debbugs to "unblock 43018 by 43268"?
>     b. should we teach debbugs.el to ignore closed bugs when listing
>        blockers?

There are different approaches. I, for example, believe the bug can be
kept in the list. Other people prefer to remove it.

Maybe we could improve debbugs-gnu-emacs-release-blocking-reports to
show only the open bugs.

Eli? Lars?

Best regards, Michael.