Subject: [PATCH 0/2] lint: Fix 'no-network' and add 'no-checkers' options

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 20:02:29 +0200

Dear,

The first patch fixes the unexpected behaviour of "guix lint":

  guix lint -c description -n
           vs
  guix lint -n -c description

Now, if '--no-network' and any checkers are provided using '--checkers' then
the ones requiring Internet access are turned off.

The second patch adds the '--no-checkers' option discussed some time ago.  I
am not convinced by the 'option-checker' helper function.  What could be
better?

Instead of '--no-checkers' maybe '--exclude-checkers' is a better name.

Last, note that '--list-checkers' operates as a dry-run:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
./pre-inst-env guix lint -c description,formatting,synopsis -n -x description -l
Available checkers:
- formatting: Look for formatting issues in the source
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

All the best,
simon

zimoun (2):
  lint: Fix '--no-network' option.
  lint: Add '--no-checkers' option.

 doc/guix.texi         |  9 +++++++
 guix/scripts/lint.scm | 55 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 2 files changed, 44 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

base-commit: 89e1e4481382d18033a9773b90c09345fa33d6cb
-- 
2.28.0