Subject: bug#43260: closed (Re: bug#43260: 28.0.50; package-installed-p returns nil for tablegen-mode (not published in melpa) which is installed via quelpa)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 00:53:02 +0000

Your bug report

#43260: 28.0.50; package-installed-p returns nil for tablegen-mode (not published in melpa) which is installed via quelpa

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
43260: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43260
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#43260: 28.0.50; package-installed-p returns nil for tablegen-mode (not published in melpa) which is installed via quelpa
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Condy Chen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 19:52:45 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Condy Chen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> It seems like this bug was fixed in quelpa: httpss://github.com/quelpa/quelpa/issues/205
>
> Yes, and it's confirmed.
>
>> Do you still think there is a bug in Emacs?  If yes, could you please
>> provide a recipe to reproduce it that does not involve installing any
>> third-party packages?  Otherwise, can we close this bug?
>
>
> I suspect it a bug in Emacs, it returns different value for two
> packages installed by quelpa. But I can't fingure out how to reproduce
> it without installation 3rd packages.

I've been trying to understand what the issue is, but I can't figure out
what it is from studying the quelpa bug fix and related discussion.

> Maybe we can close it now and reopen it when someone has similar
> issue.

Sounds good to me.  Perhaps it doesn't matter if this is anyways already
fixed in quelpa; it seems to be working fine for package.el.  I'm
therefore closing this bug report.

If anyone can explain what the actual bug would be in Emacs, please
reopen the bug or open a new one.  Thanks.

Subject: 28.0.50; package-installed-p returns nil for tablegen-mode (not published in melpa) which is installed via quelpa
From: Zhiwei Chen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 01:44:57 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To reproduce:

(unless (package-installed-p 'use-package)
  (package-refresh-contents)
  (package-install 'use-package))
(eval-and-compile
  (setq use-package-always-ensure nil)
  (setq use-package-always-defer nil)
  (setq use-package-always-demand nil)
  (setq use-package-expand-minimally nil)
  (setq use-package-enable-imenu-support t))
(eval-when-compile
  (require 'use-package))

;; Bootstrap `quelpa'.
(use-package quelpa
  :ensure t
  :custom
  (quelpa-update-melpa-p nil)
  (quelpa-self-upgrade-p nil)
  (quelpa-checkout-melpa-p nil))

(use-package quelpa-use-package
  :ensure t
  :config
  (quelpa-use-package-activate-advice)
  :custom
  (quelpa-use-package-inhibit-loading-quelpa t))
  
;; LLVM IR
(use-package llvm-mode
  :ensure t
  :quelpa (llvm-mode :fetcher url
                     :url "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/llvm/llvm-project/master/llvm/utils/emacs/llvm-mode.el")
  :mode ("\\.ll\\'" . llvm-mode))

;; TableGen description
(use-package tablegen-mode
  :ensure t
  :quelpa (tablegen-mode :fetcher url
                         :url "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/llvm/llvm-project/master/llvm/utils/emacs/tablegen-mode.el")
  :mode ("\\.td\\'" . tablegen-mode))

Run:
  
M-: (package-installed-p 'tablegen-mode) RET

It returns nil for tablegen-mode while t for llvm-mode.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.23, cairo version 1.17.3)
 of 2020-09-07 built on lilydjwg
Repository revision: 811dcb7e8f8198c416ad1d3e018ff2c6c05c0ca8
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d --without-compress-install
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -flto'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dashboard

Minor modes in effect:
  counsel-projectile-mode: t
  global-atomic-chrome-edit-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  org-roam-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  shackle-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  global-evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  general-override-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-history-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/condy/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20190710.1319/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode

Features:
(shadow org-mu4e cl-print emacsbug server rmsbolt rmsbolt-split
rmsbolt-java disass evil-collection-mu4e mu4e desktop frameset mu4e-org
mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-context mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 smtpmail sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-proc
mu4e-utils mu4e-lists mu4e-message shr svg dom flow-fill mule-util
mu4e-vars mu4e-meta display-line-numbers linum evil-collection-vc-git
vc-git counsel-projectile evil-collection-bookmark bookmark
atomic-chrome websocket let-alist company-keywords company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-capf evil-collection-company
company lsp-mode lsp-protocol spinner markdown-mode edit-indirect inline
evil-collection-imenu imenu ht dash-functional bindat whitespace
projectile evil-collection-flycheck flycheck hideshow paren saveplace
hl-line so-long appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs exec-path-from-shell
evil-collection-dashboard dashboard dashboard-widgets time recentf
tree-widget wid-edit page-break-lines org-roam org-roam-graph xml
org-roam-doctor org-roam-db emacsql-sqlite3 emacsql emacsql-compiler
org-roam-dailies org-roam-capture org-roam-completion org-roam-buffer
org-roam-faces org-roam-macs org-roam-compat ol-eww org-tempo tempo
ol-info org-habit org-protocol org-capture ox-md ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree generator org-id ob-sql ob-shell
ob-python ob-ocaml ob-gnuplot ob-eshell ob-dot ob-calc calc-store
calc-trail calc-ext evil-collection-calc calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs
ob-C ob-awk org-clock org-agenda org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities evil-collection-outline noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs evil-collection-calendar cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path f shackle trace winner
evil-collection-which-key which-key rg rg-info-hack rg-menu transient
async-bytecomp async format-spec rg-ibuffer rg-result wgrep-rg
evil-collection-wgrep wgrep s rg-history rg-header ibuf-ext
evil-collection-ibuffer ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs evil-collection-grep
grep counsel xdg gcmh evil-collection-unimpaired evil-collection-xref
evil-collection-vterm evil-collection-vc-dir evil-collection-term
evil-collection-tab-bar evil-collection-speedbar evil-collection-simple
evil-collection-process-menu evil-collection-package-menu
evil-collection-occur evil-collection-ivy evil-collection-info
evil-collection-image evil-collection-help evil-collection-flymake
evil-collection-eshell em-prompt esh-mode evil-collection-ert
evil-collection-epa evil-collection-elisp-mode evil-collection-doc-view
evil-collection-dired evil-collection-diff-mode evil-collection-debug
evil-collection-compile evil-collection-comint evil-collection-buff-menu
evil-collection-auto-package-update dired-narrow dired-hacks-utils
evil-collection annalist evil-surround evil evil-integration undo-tree
evil-maps evil-commands reveal flyspell ispell evil-jumps
evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex shell pcomplete
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove rect
evil-digraphs evil-vars diff-hl-flydiff diff diff-hl vc-dir diff-mode
hl-todo init init-hydra init-gnus init-reader doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif init-insert skeleton init-spell init-shell eshell
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups
esh-util vterm face-remap term disp-table ehelp vterm-module init-dired
init-mail pcase init-dev init-d init-go init-sql init-elisp init-python
init-haskell init-bazel init-ocaml init-rust init-cpp cmacexp cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs mm-archive message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnutls
network-stream url-http url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth ivy-xref
xref project flymake-proc flymake compile comint ansi-color thingatpt
init-git vc vc-dispatcher init-lsp init-evil general init-core
init-tools vlf-setup 0x0 ert pp ewoc debug backtrace advice find-func
webpaste request autorevert filenotify mail-utils url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap auto-package-update dash swiper ivy-hydra hydra lv
ivy-avy avy ivy delsel ring ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color init-ui
doom-themes-ext-org doom-one-theme doom-themes doom-themes-base init-org
doct warnings init-startup all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces
data-material data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons
data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize init-utils init-base no-littering
speedbar ezimage dframe kinsoku init-macros quelpa-use-package quelpa
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr lisp-mnt help-fns radix-tree cl-extra help-mode
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf rx
edmacro kmacro info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 672961 509449)
 (symbols 48 54066 46)
 (strings 32 210892 64109)
 (string-bytes 1 6340862)
 (vectors 16 90747)
 (vector-slots 8 1670977 523809)
 (floats 8 989 1907)
 (intervals 56 792 457)
 (buffers 992 12))