Subject: bug#43252: 27.1; DBus properties lack type hints or overrides

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 18:57:30 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Hugh,

> Reading the BlueZ D-Bus GATT API description, you seem to need only
> basic types and arrays of basic types as properties. So I will start
> adding arrays of basic types. Other, more complex compound types will
> follow later.

I have pushed my recent work to master. dbus-register-property,
dbus-get-property, dbus-get-all-properties and
dbus-get-all-managed-objects shall work now for your byte
array. dbus-set-property will follow tomorrow, as well as other compound
types but array.

>> For the moment, I'll only forward failing tests.  Once the paperwork
>> is finalized I'll send you whatever suite of tests I've managed to
>> come up with by then.
>
> Yep, much appreciated!

I had to modify your test a little bit, see appended. It passes now for
me. I have renamed it also to dbus-test05-register-property-types, so we
have all property tests under test05, which makes it more easy to select
these tests in batch.

Does it work for you?

>> Cheers,
>> Hugh

Best regards, Michael.