Subject: bug#43252: 27.1; DBus properties lack type hints or overrides

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 16:59:32 +0200

Hugh Daschbach <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Hugh,

> In the meantime, just to check that I'm on the right track, I've
> attached a failing test.  Sadly, it's more than 15 lines.  Feel free
> to test with it.

Thanks.

Reading the BlueZ D-Bus GATT API description, you seem to need only
basic types and arrays of basic types as properties. So I will start
adding arrays of basic types. Other, more complex compound types will
follow later.

> For the moment, I'll only forward failing tests.  Once the paperwork
> is finalized I'll send you whatever suite of tests I've managed to
> come up with by then.

Yep, much appreciated!

> Just for the record, I'm testing master currently at d08568e6e92.

master HEAD is always good, since I'm committing there. I haven't the
impression that we break anybody else; otherwise we would need an own
branch. I would notify if needs arise.

> Cheers,
> Hugh

Best regards, Michael.