Subject: Re: bug#43252: 27.1; DBus properties lack type hints or overrides

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 14:55:56 +0200

Hugh Daschbach <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Hugh,

> A new dbus-test07-timeout tests both implicit (dbus-introspect-*) and
> explicit (dbus-call-method) timeouts.  It is tagged :expensive-test.

I like the idea of having test groups (identified by test<NN>). This
makes it more easy to select only tests I'm interested in.

Could you, pls, move the dbus-call-method timeout test into a test of
its own, dbus-test04-call-method-timeout? And the other test might be
called dbus-test07-introspect-timeout.

> Timestamps (perhaps optional) would be useful, I think.

Added. In case of method-return and error messages, I've added also the
time difference to the corresponding method-call.

And while I'm there, I've added also links between serial numbers. That
is, if you click on the serial number of a message-return or error
message, you jump to the corresponding methoid-call. And vice-versa.

> Cheers,
> Hugh

Best regards, Michael.