Subject: Re: bug#43250: 28.0.50; tramp ignores .ssh/config

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 10:41:00 +0200

Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Sam,

> This looks like a newly introduced bug.

I've tried to reproduce the problem. I have modified my .ssh/config to

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Host fence
HostName	fencepost.gnu.org

Host            *
Compression     yes
ForwardAgent    yes
ForwardX11      no
User            sds
VisualHostKey   no
#GSSAPIDelegateCredentials yes
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

User "sds" is invalid in my case :-) Then I have applied

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(copy-file "/scp:fence:~/.forward" "~/.forward")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

This fails with

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[email-masked]: Permission denied (publickey).
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

as expected. What happens, if you call from your shell

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
# ssh -o ControlMaster=auto -o ControlPath='tramp.%C' \
  -o ControlPersist=no -e none fence
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> Thank you.

Best regards, Michael.