Subject: bug#43243: emacs-elfeed-org, mapc: Symbol’s function definition is void

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 14:57:08 +0200

Hello,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> AFAIU the error was triggered by the fact that my Emacs (on foreign
>> distro) was still loading some old code from ~/.emacs.d/elpa, installed
>> using use-package (mixed with Debian packages in some case) before I
>> migrated to Guix Emacs.
>
> As with other things Guix, mix and match of ad-hoc package management
> (e.g., Emacs' native package management) and Guix can cause conflicts.
> There is not always a clear solution to these problems.

I think the only conflicting code was coming from ~/.emacs.d/elpa and I
did not realized this until yesterday. I still do not fully understad
what is the config option in my init.el loading that code, but it's
tangent here.

> I don't use Emacs' native package management facility, but if it clashes
> with our own use of EMACSLOADPATH and site-start.el, it could be work
> looking into (as a fresh bug).

AFAIU this is not happening.

> I'll close this one for now.

Thanks! Gio'

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures