Subject: bug#43243: emacs-elfeed-org, mapc: Symbol’s function definition is void

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 20:12:30 +0200

Hello Maxim,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> The problem is with emacs-elfeed-org, not emacs-elfeed :-)
>
> Ah!  I need glasses :-)

:D

> Retrying with emacs-elfeed-org, I also can't reproduce:
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> $ guix environment --pure --ad-hoc emacs emacs-elfeed-org -- emacs --batch --eval='(elfeed)

[...]

> Can you try to reproduce it again?

OK I did this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

$ guix environment --pure --ad-hoc emacs emacs-elfeed-org curl
$ emacs

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In this environment then I "manually" set up elfeed-org in my *scratch*
buffer copying relevant parts from init.el: it worked, I was able to
start elfeed and update my feeds from my elfeed.org file

> Perhaps there's some other Emacs package in your profile which somehow
> conflicts with it?

After the test above I updated my emacs profile and started emacs
daemon, now I'm on emacs 27.1 and, again, if I try to start elfeed I
get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

File mode specification error: (void-function org--check-org-structure-template-alist) [2 times]
Followed link to /home/giovanni/.dotfolder/emacs/.emacs.d/elfeed.org
mapc: Symbol’s function definition is void: org--check-org-structure-template-alist

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Tomorrow I'll try to catch what's the conflicting package, now I'm using
this manifest:

Thank you for your help!

Happy hacking! Gio'

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures