Subject: [bug#43239] [PATCH] gnu: Add guile-prometheus.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 15:28:13 +0200

Hello Christopher,

> +    (name "guile-prometheus")
> +    (version (string-append "0-" revision "." (string-take commit 7)))

I think that the usual pattern is something like:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
      (version (git-version "0.0.1" revision commit))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> +    (inputs
> +     `(("guile" ,guile-3.0)))
> +    (home-page "https://git.cbaines.net/guile/prometheus")

The linter reports that this URL is not reachable.

> +    (synopsis "Prometheus client library for Guile")
> +    (description
> +     "This Guile library provides instrumentation code intended to be used
> +with the Prometheus time series service.  Counter, gauge and histogram metric
> +types are supported.")
> +    (license license:gpl3+))))

Otherwise, looks fine! Turns out I'm currently working on adding some
metrics to Cuirass[1]. With commit 154232b, we should be able to add the
two metrics proposed in the bug report. The next step is to actually
compute, save and display those metrics.

I'm just discovering this prometheus but may it could be a good
candidate? Do you happen to have a server running prometheus?

Thanks,

Mathieu

[1]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/32548.