Subject: Re: bug#43228: r-v8 doesn't build since node 10.22 update

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 19:13:46 -0400

Hi Pierre,

Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mark H Weaver writes:
>
>> One possible solution might be to update the replacement (graft) for
>> _curl_ so that it's *built* against nghttp2-1.41.  Something like this
>> (untested):
>
> I'm afraid this still doesn't solve the problem. AFAIU, grafting the new
> curl happens after building r-v8, so at link time it still sees the old
> nghttp2 version.

Ah yes, that makes sense.

> Instead, I'm thinking your suggestion of leaving 'node' at 10.19 for now
> (or 10.20, I can try that) and then introduce a 'node-10.22' package
> that can be used for Icecat is better.

That indeed might be the best approach for now.

> I can do that. How does that sound?

Sure, sounds good.  Thanks!

       Mark