Subject: Re: bug#43227: EWW ignores 'multiple' attribute of 'select'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 12:17:48 +0200

Nicolas Graner <[email-masked]> writes:

> I stand by my suggestion that a multiple select should look similar to a
> list of checkboxes. Maybe it could actually be converted to checkboxes
> at the DOM level, before rendering, and then let the normal checkbox
> code do the job?

I think it would be kinda surprising to render a <select multiple> as a
series of checkboxes: You expect a <select> to be kinda small even if
the number of possible choices is large.

I wondered how Chromium rendered those, and it's:

(Multiple to the left and singular to the right.)

So it's a widget that's about four lines high and with a scroll bar for
further entries...

Well, I didn't know about popup-menu -- does Emacs have support for this
kind of thing, too?  :-)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no