Subject: Re: bug#43226: 28.0.50; Running Tramp tests on MS-Windows leaves zombie processes on the remote

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 14:26:59 +0300

> From: Henrik Ahlgren <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 12:39:43 +0300
> 
> Could this be related to this rather annoying issue with Magit on
> Windows?
> 
> https://github.com/magit/magit/issues/3624
> 
> BTW, the hang happens not only with Plink, but also with ssh.exe (the
> built-in OpenSSH in Windows).

I don't know.  If this is about remote Git processes, then
process-send-eof sends EOF via the network connection, doesn't it?  If
so, the network-connection implementation of process-send-eof works on
MS-Windows like it works on any other system: we call 'shutdown'.

If in this scenario we try to send EOF to a local process running on
Windows, then we close the file descriptor, like we do on other
systems.  Why would that not work?

Bottom line: I have no idea what's going on there, sorry.