Subject: bug#4322: Carbon Emacs 23.1; first ESC and C-x are always eaten

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 11:07:52 +0200

Hello!

I changed the environment that MacPorts is neither found nor used.  
Fink is still in use, and therefore pkg-config is found, installed  
and maintained by Fink. It finds some PC files, so still some "extra  
libraries" get used:

	/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon  
(compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 128.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa  
(compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 11.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/QuickTime.framework/Versions/A/QuickTime  
(compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1327.0.0)
	/sw/lib/libcairo.2.dylib (compatibility version 10803.0.0, current  
version 10803.8.0)
	/sw/lib/libdbus-1.3.dylib (compatibility version 8.0.0, current  
version 8.0.0)
	/sw/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1601.0.0,  
current version 1601.6.0)
	/sw/lib/libglib-2.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 2001.0.0, current  
version 2001.5.0)
	/sw/lib/libgmodule-2.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 2001.0.0,  
current version 2001.5.0)
	/sw/lib/libgobject-2.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 2001.0.0,  
current version 2001.5.0)
	/sw/lib/libintl.3.dylib (compatibility version 8.0.0, current  
version 8.3.0)
	/sw/lib/librsvg-2.2.dylib (compatibility version 29.0.0, current  
version 29.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current  
version 88.1.12)
	/usr/lib/libmx.A.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version  
92.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libncurses.5.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current  
version 5.0.0)

The first ESC and C-x are still swallowed. I'll try anew without Fink!

--
Greetings

   Pete

Don't force it; get a larger hammer.
				– Anthony's Law of Force