Subject: bug#4322: Carbon Emacs 23.1; first ESC and C-x are always eaten

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:43:19 +0900

>>>>> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 00:16:26 +0200, Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]> said:

>>> In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, Carbon Version
>>> 1.6.0 AppKit
>> 
>> Would it be possible to use a different email address for bugs
>> about the AppKit code, since it's not under our control?
>> 

> I'd use any other address. Maybe YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu just needs to  
> patch the address. His README-mac file says: M-x report-emacs-bug...

I don't know what "Carbon Emacs 23.1" is.  Is it possibly a new
distribution based on Emacs 23 Mac port?  I wrote

  *** IMPORTANT NOTE ***

  This version should be regarded as experimental/hackers-only.
  Documentations are completely missing, no extra files such as the
  package creation convenience script `make-package', and things are
  subject to change/removal in an incompatible way.  Please refrain
  from distributing this in any different form, including for (binary)
  distribution basis, until the version gets to 2.0.

  Also, if you find a bug, then please try to reproduce it with some
  official builds such as X11 or NS (Cocoa) and report it using M-x
  report-emacs-bug as such.

in the `README-mac' file.

Perhaps next thing you could try is to see if it is also reproducible
on the NS port built with a similar "elaborated" configuration, and
also try to reproduce it on the Mac port built with a "plain"
configuration.  I couldn't reproduce it with the plain one on Mac OS X
10.4 PPC.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]