Subject: Re: [bug#43210] [PATCH] gnu: lxqt-config: Wrapping the lxqt-config and lxqt-config-input and setting the setxkbmap PATH for fixing save added layout

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 17:22:56 +0200

Hi,

"Hamzeh Nasajpour" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Seems that anyway we have to add `setxkbmap` to `propagated-inputs`. The previous commit will fix the adding `keyboard-layout` but without having the `setxkbmap` in `propagated-inputs` the added layouts won't add as permanent and will be reset after each reboot. So again, we need to add `setxkbmap` as a dependency in `propagated-inputs`.

Why is that?  I fail to see why using ‘propagated-inputs’ instead of
wrapping would work better.

>> +          (add-after 'install 'wrap-for-setxkbmap-path
>> +            (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
>> +              (let ((out              (assoc-ref outputs "out"))
>> +                    (setxkbmap          (assoc-ref %build-inputs 
>> "setxkbmap")))
>> +                       (wrap-program (string-append out 
>> "/bin/lxqt-config")
>> +                            `("PATH" ":" prefix (,(string-append 
>> setxkbmap "/bin/"))))
>> +                       (wrap-program (string-append out 
>> "/bin/lxqt-config-input")
>> +                           `("PATH" ":" prefix (,(string-append 
>> setxkbmap "/bin/"))))
>> +               #t))))))

For this case, it might be easier/preferable to replace ‘setxkbmap’ in
the source code with the absolute file name of ‘setxkbmap’.

Thanks,
Ludo’.