Subject: [bug#43208] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-ess: Update to 20.09.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 10:02:39 +0200

Hello,

Tim Howes via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/statistics.scm (emacs-ess): Update to 20.09.
> [version]: Use version-revision-commit for version numbering.
> [source]: Fix snippet for removing julia-mode.  Remove snippet to modify
> roxy-preview-Rd-test.  Add snippet to modify r-help-mode test.  Add
> snippet to fix install target to install files to correct directories.
> [arguments]: Add flag to specify INFODIR.  Remove patch modifying SHELL.
> ---
> This fixes the version numbering to consider this revision 0 of version
> 20.09, similar to how it's done for other emacs packages in guix.

Thank you.

However, the base version should be 18.10.2, not 20.09, which is not
released yet.

BTW, when trying to build the package, I get the following failure:

     INFO     Scraping files for ess-autoloads.el... 
   .../lisp/ess-autoloads.el locked by nixbld@localh... (pid 103): (s, q, p, ?)? 
   Cannot resolve lock conflict in batch mode
   make[1]: *** [Makefile:62: ess-autoloads.el] Error 255

Can you build the package successfully?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou