Subject: 26.3; eldoc hightlights args instead of key

From: Tomas Hlavaty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 10:40:31 +0200

(cl-defun foo (a &rest args &key b c))
(foo 1 :b 2 :c 3)

           ^ position cursor here

eldoc highlights args but it should highlight b

it works with c keyword arg

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.21)
Recent messages:
Mark set
End of search results.
widget-before-change: Text is read-only: "Attempt to change text outside editable field"
Mark set [3 times]
Quit
Mark set [5 times]
Quit
Mark set [3 times]
foo
Mark activated

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/xjvxpwbd7xl50avs331nj4amxs9nv6zg-emacs-26.3
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 CFLAGS=-DMAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED=101200'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY LIBSELINUX
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /nix/store/x2zy660r8wsx26nxpl5z9sdp9a8fsp42-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: notmuch-show

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/run/current-system/sw/share/emacs/site-lisp/password-store hides /nix/store/x2zy660r8wsx26nxpl5z9sdp9a8fsp42-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/password-store-20190929.1627/password-store
/nix/store/x2zy660r8wsx26nxpl5z9sdp9a8fsp42-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start hides /nix/store/xjvxpwbd7xl50avs331nj4amxs9nv6zg-emacs-26.3/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
/nix/store/x2zy660r8wsx26nxpl5z9sdp9a8fsp42-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/auth-source-pass-20191126.1242/auth-source-pass hides /nix/store/xjvxpwbd7xl50avs331nj4amxs9nv6zg-emacs-26.3/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/auth-source-pass
/nix/store/x2zy660r8wsx26nxpl5z9sdp9a8fsp42-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/let-alist-1.0.6/let-alist hides /nix/store/xjvxpwbd7xl50avs331nj4amxs9nv6zg-emacs-26.3/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow emacsbug mm-archive network-stream starttls url-http url-gw nsm
url-cache url-auth files-x tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize mailalias sendmail feedmail sort
gnus-alias org-table org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus nnir
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win org-docview doc-view image-mode org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m mail-extr vc-git misearch multi-isearch find-dired
novice cl-print debug map jka-compr eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage
dframe help-fns radix-tree notmuch-jump term/xterm xterm elec-pair
finder-inf kotl-autoloads info time pdf printing ps-print
ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr unoffice framebuffer hydra lv dumb-jump
popup f s elfeed-show elfeed-search magit-bookmark bookmark elfeed-csv
elfeed elfeed-curl elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib xml-query email-eww
cltl clhs notmuch hl-line notmuch-hello notmuch-tree notmuch-show
notmuch-print notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua notmuch-message notmuch-draft
notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address notmuch-company notmuch-parser
notmuch-wash coolj notmuch-query goto-addr icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs notmuch-tag notmuch-lib notmuch-compat mm-view mml-smime
smime dig eww-lnum eww mm-url gnus nnheader wid-edit url-queue url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap shr svg xml dom magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
package url-handlers url-parse auth-source url-vars magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process magit-mode git-commit transient magit-git
magit-section magit-utils crm log-edit message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor
cl-extra help-mode async-bytecomp async shell server subr-x dash
diff-mode ob-ledger org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
paredit edmacro kmacro slime-asdf grep slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-fuzzy slime-c-p-c
slime-autodoc slime-editing-commands slime-repl slime-parse slime
compile etags xref cl-seq project eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs
arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline easymenu pp comint ansi-color
ring hyperspec thingatpt browse-url slime-autoloads picolisp tsm
easy-mmode cl-macs cl time-date paren cus-start cus-load seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 601146 57203)
 (symbols 48 50065 7)
 (miscs 40 3003 4415)
 (strings 32 143404 7814)
 (string-bytes 1 4639458)
 (vectors 16 72333)
 (vector-slots 8 1146942 35708)
 (floats 8 548 1304)
 (intervals 56 19492 2359)
 (buffers 992 34))