Subject: Re: bug#4320: Hideshow problems

From: Mikhail Novikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 06:31:12 +0300

Hi!

The bug is that I hide a block of code and hideshow hide the whole block
of code. I expect it to hide block of code, but to leave first line as a
headers. This is behaviour of trunk hideshow.el.

This problem is resolved in emacs trunk version and it was problem with
hideshow.el. I had problem with emacs  23.1.50.1, which is latest
emacs-snapshot in Ubuntu PPA, but had no problem with standart emacs
snapshot in repositories. At least one person on other distribution with
version 23.1.something also had this problem.

Sorry for disturbing you with this bug.

Thanks, Mikhail Novikov

Glenn Morris wrote:
> Mikhail Novikov wrote:
>
>   
>> I have encountered strange hide-show problem after I have updated emacs.
>> It now folds code including the first line, so one can't see what has
>> been folded. It used to show first line and it was much better.
>>     
>
> Please tell us exactly which version of emacs, what you did (starting
> from emacs -Q), what you saw, and what you expected to see.
>