Subject: tail: unrecognized file system type 0x2011bab0

From: Harald Bader <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 10:16:09 +0200

Hey there,

While following a log file during rsync from built-in HDD to a USB disk I
got this message (see end of e-mail).
'tail -f' worked fine though.
Reporting as requested.

Technical details:–
– Source: Synology DS216j, OS: DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 2, HDDs: Hybrid RAID
(SHR) of 2x WD Red, 8TB each, FS: ext4, USB-A jack
– Target: Samsung T5 SSD, 2TB, FS: exFAT, USB-C jack
– Using bash via ssh from Apple MacBook Pro terminal

Kind regards,
Harald

$ tail -f log_rsync_to_usb_200904_094247.txt

[…]

2020/09/04 09:42:47 [19361] building file list

2020/09/04 09:43:02 [19361] done

tail: unrecognized file system type 0x2011bab0 for
‘log_rsync_to_usb_200904_094247.txt’. please report this to
[email-masked]. reverting to polling

2020/09/04 09:43:42 [19361] sent 1221871 bytes  received 12 bytes  23725.88
bytes/sec

2020/09/04 09:43:42 [19361] total size is 191477224494  speedup is 156706.68

[…]