Subject: Questions about "Add breeze icon assets"

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 20:07:19 +0100

Hi Prafulla,

sorry, I'm late for the show and this is already merged. I packages
quite a lot KDE packages and also made several attempts to make
plasma-desktop run on guix.

I'm curious about breeze-artwork and breeze and have some questions:

 1. What is the reason you broke up breeze into breeze-assets and
    breeze? What is the use of having a package "breeze-assets"?

    I'm asking since in guix we typically do not split up packages this
    way, but are using different "outputs".

 2. What is the reason you inherit breeze(-artwork) from breeze-icons?

    I'm asking since

    a) breeze-icons are part of KDE Frameworks, whereas breeze is part
    of KDE Plasma. So I expect these to be somewhat independent of each
    other, as one can see by quite different version numbers.

    b) While breeze-assets inherits breeze-icons, it overwrites all
    information inherited from except of the build-system and some
    inputs. Even the version is different.

 3. What is the reason for breeze becoming unified with breeze-icons?

    I'm asking since, as explained above, I'd expect these to be
    somewhat independent of each other. (breeze of course requires
    breeze-icons).

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |