Subject: bug#43181: [BUG] Building Nix 2.3.7 fails

From: Kurt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 07:28:04 -0600

Greetings,

ld: src/nix/repl.o: in function `gc::operator new(unsigned long)':
/gnu/store/zg126cjicrpm2p6zc08ra5vh4ddag7ww-libgc-
8.0.4/include/gc/gc_cpp.h:409: undefined reference to `GC_malloc'
ld: src/nix/repl.o: in function `gc::operator delete(void*)':
/gnu/store/zg126cjicrpm2p6zc08ra5vh4ddag7ww-libgc-
8.0.4/include/gc/gc_cpp.h:444: undefined reference to `GC_free'
ld: /gnu/store/zg126cjicrpm2p6zc08ra5vh4ddag7ww-libgc-
8.0.4/include/gc/gc_cpp.h:444: undefined reference to `GC_free'
ld: /gnu/store/zg126cjicrpm2p6zc08ra5vh4ddag7ww-libgc-
8.0.4/include/gc/gc_cpp.h:444: undefined reference to `GC_free'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mk/lib.mk:105: src/nix/nix] Error 1
command "make" "-j" "6" failed with status 2

Hopefully this is the info needed.

Thank you,
Kurt