Subject: bug#43166: The issues.guix.gnu.org is hard to read in emacs-w3m.

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 01:19:09 -0500

Hi Ricardo,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

>> However, in both EWW and Lynx, the embedded patches are rendered
>> double-spaced, i.e. there are empty lines inserted between every two
>> adjacent lines of every patch.  I guess that's because Mumi wraps each
>> individual line within its own 'pre' and 'div' elements, instead of
>> putting the entire patch within a single 'pre' element.
>
> It does indeed wrap each line, because otherwise we can’t style the
> lines e.g. to highlight additions with green and deletions with red.

I think I've found a way to fix the double-spacing problem in EWW and
Lynx without sacrificing styling: put the entire patch within a single
'pre' element, and then put each line within a 'span' element.  The
styling of each line can then be applied to the 'span's.

What do you think?

      Regards,
        Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.