Subject: Re: bug#43166: The issues.guix.gnu.org is hard to read in emacs-w3m.

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:05:00 -0500

Hi Ricardo,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is now fixed in mumi.  I tested the change in eww and in icecat.
>
> This was easier to implement than when the bug was first reported.  Due
> to later developments I could limit the use of “pre” to lines in the
> “diff” context, so that message text can still be reflown.
>
> Sorry for the delay, but there was no way for me to take enough time to
> work on mumi before.  You are all still more than welcome to contribute
> to mumi.

No worries.  Thanks very much for fixing it!

> I’m reconfiguring the server hosting issues.guix.gnu.org now, so this
> change will go live as soon as that’s done.

Hmm.  Your mail headers indicate that you wrote the words above more
than 27 hours ago, but the problem persists on issues.guix.gnu.org.  I'm
now looking at <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/43159> with EWW, and the
line breaks in the diffs are still missing, making the diffs unreadable.
I also fetched the same URL with Wget, and there are no <pre> elements
within.  Any idea what's going on?

Anyway, thanks again for fixing this issue in Mumi.

     Regards,
       Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.