Subject: bug#43166: The issues.guix.gnu.org is hard to read in emacs-w3m.

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 12:26:59 -0400

Hi Maxim,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Earlier, I wrote:
>>> However, I've noticed that in Dillo with CSS disabled, generating a
>>> 'pre' for each line makes the line spacing larger than would be ideal.
>>> It seems that some vertical padding or margins are added around each
>>> 'pre'.  It's likely that many browsers do this in their default styling
>>> for 'pre'.  With this in mind, it would perhaps be better to wrap a
>>> single 'pre' around each message.  Then you could either (1) leave the
>>> lines as 'span's and add a raw CR-LF after each line (which would make
>>> the HTML source code more readable) or (2) change the 'span's to 'div's
>>> as in your proposed patch.
>>
>> Actually, I just found by experimentation that option (2) above doesn't
>> work well in either Lynx or Dillo.  Option (1) works well in the simple
>> browsers I've tried so far, which are Lynx, Dillo, Netsurf, and Eww.
>>
>>        Mark
>
> Friendly ping; it seems not much is missing to close this issue? :-).

<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/43159> is still essentially unreadable in
Emacs Eww and Lynx, as well as Dillo when CSS is disabled, because there
are many missing line breaks.

      Thanks,
        Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.