Subject: Re: bug#43166: The issues.guix.gnu.org is hard to read in emacs-w3m.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 09:35:14 -0400

Hello,

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:

> Earlier, I wrote:
>> However, I've noticed that in Dillo with CSS disabled, generating a
>> 'pre' for each line makes the line spacing larger than would be ideal.
>> It seems that some vertical padding or margins are added around each
>> 'pre'.  It's likely that many browsers do this in their default styling
>> for 'pre'.  With this in mind, it would perhaps be better to wrap a
>> single 'pre' around each message.  Then you could either (1) leave the
>> lines as 'span's and add a raw CR-LF after each line (which would make
>> the HTML source code more readable) or (2) change the 'span's to 'div's
>> as in your proposed patch.
>
> Actually, I just found by experimentation that option (2) above doesn't
> work well in either Lynx or Dillo.  Option (1) works well in the simple
> browsers I've tried so far, which are Lynx, Dillo, Netsurf, and Eww.
>
>        Mark

Friendly ping; it seems not much is missing to close this issue? :-).

Thank you,

Maxim