Subject: Re: bug#43166: The issues.guix.gnu.org is hard to read in emacs-w3m.

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 11:51:20 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus writes:

> The attached patch seems to fix the worst problems.

Ohh...thank you!!!  This makes issues at least readable in EWW.

It's a bit annoying to change issues URLs into bugs.gnu.org urls and
this also made me reluctant to share issues URLs -- altough I greatly
appreciate all the work you have been doing here: in heavyweight modern
mouse-shoving-browsers --that I personally try to avoid-- it really
looks beautiful.

> What do you think?

It seems that EWW ignores ’monospace’...

-.message span.line {
+.message div.line {
     white-space: pre-wrap;
     font-family: monospace;
     display: block;
 }

... here, or otherwise "eats" spaces; so diffs/patches are still a bit
annoying to read.  Ideas?

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com