Subject: bug#43166: The issues.guix.gnu.org is hard to read in emacs-w3m.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 23:17:53 +0200

Dear Mark,

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 at 22:58, Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> wrote:

> For what it's worth: not everyone uses Emacs, and it would be good to
> support users who choose to use simpler software.  I guess that it would
> be quite easy to modify the software behind 'issues.guix.gnu.org' to
> generate HTML that works well with simpler web browsers, so I'd prefer
> to keep this bug open.  What do you think?

I am not sure to understand.  Something that generates HTML that works
well with simpler web browsers is <https://debbugs.gnu.org>, isn't it?
>From what I understand, the aim (and "raison d'étre) of
<issues.guix.gnu.org> is to generate what is considered as "modern
webapp".

Therefore, what is the concrete request?

 - read the Debbugs with a simple web browser?  Then the answer is
<debbugs.gnu.org>.
 - add a button in <issues.gnu.org> saying "simple html there" and
redirecting to <debbugs.gnu.org>?  If yes, the source code to tweak is
there <https://git.elephly.net/gitweb.cgi?p=software/mumi.git> and I
agree it would be quite easy; I will give a try if no one beats me.
:-)

All the best,
simon