Subject: 28.0.50; when building emacs 28.0.50 ./temacs is stopped with core

From: Philippe Spiesser <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 11:37:31 +0200

Hello,
yesterday, I have updated the local directory of emacs 28.0.50 to
rebuild a new version; the last time I've updated was the 9 of august
and everything was OK.
Building stops with the messages :
         cp -f temacs bootstrap-emacs
         rm -f bootstrap-emacs.pdmp
         ./temacs --batch  -l loadup --temacs=pbootstrap
         make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs.pdmp] Segmentation fault: 11
         make: *** [src] Error 2
I can't explain this.
I hope it's the correct place to send this message

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-apple-darwin17.7.0, NS appkit-1561.61 Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G14019))
 of 2020-08-09 built on spungen.home
Repository revision: 8e82baf5a730ff542118ddba5b76afdc1db643f6
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.13.6

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local/Applications --with-ns=yes
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/imagemagick@6/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: LaTeX/P

Minor modes in effect:
  ps-rooms-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail sh-script smie executable grep compface
gnus-fun shr-color color smerge-mode diff flow-fill sort smiley
gnus-cite mail-extr qp gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table
cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
gnus-cache epa-file nntp cl-extra help-mode org-duration ol-eww ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnir gnus-sum shr svg xml dom gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex
ol-bbdb ol-w3m mm-archive message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode gnutls
mail-utils network-stream url-http mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth epg
epg-config finder-inf ispell misearch multi-isearch vc-dispatcher vc-hg
diff-mode preview prv-emacs ps-rooms-mode tex-bar toolbar-x font-latex
texmathp tex-mode shell latexenc server paren recentf tree-widget
wid-edit cus-start cus-load auctex-latexmk tex-buf latex latex-flymake
flymake-proc flymake compile warnings thingatpt tex-ispell tex-style tex
crm calfw-org org-capture org-element avl-tree generator org-agenda org
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs find-func calfw-ical url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs calfw-cal
calfw edmacro kmacro format-spec holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs cl time auto-insert-tkld exec-path-from-shell info tex-site
package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1518013 141017)
 (symbols 48 36852 4)
 (strings 32 246965 14613)
 (string-bytes 1 11019991)
 (vectors 16 75402)
 (vector-slots 8 1629269 178479)
 (floats 8 438 342)
 (intervals 56 159971 4207)
 (buffers 992 26))