Subject: Re: bug#43152: 28.0.50; when building emacs 28.0.50 ./temacs is stopped with core

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 20:09:37 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Anonymous <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 18:49:23 +0200
> 
>      (gdb) run --batch -l loadup --temacs=pbootstrap
>      Starting program: /usr/local/src/emacs/src/temacs --batch -l loadup 
> --temacs=pbootstrap
>      Unable to find Mach task port for process-id 19495: (os/kern) 
> failure (0x5).
>       (please check gdb is codesigned - see taskgated(8))
>      (gdb) quit

This is macOS, where one cannot use GDB without some jumping through
hoops, sigh.

Well, we need to know where (file name and line number) it segfaults;
it is hard to make progress without knowing that much.  If you can use
LLDB, or some other method, to find that out, please post that
information.

Thanks.