Subject: bug#43151: closed (Re: bug#43151: Resolve Calibre run-time dependency)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 20:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#43151: Calibre ebook-viewer requires QtWebEngine

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
43151: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43151
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#43151: Resolve Calibre run-time dependency
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], Prafulla Giri <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 22:11:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

On Mon, Sep 07, 2020 at 06:15:15PM +1000, Brendan Tildesley wrote:
> Your patch also works I think but it will wrap the programs twice, so
> you will get calibre, .calibre-real, and ..calibre-real-real, etc for
> every program, which seems ugly. My patch reproduces the same PYTHONPATH
> that is set in python-build-system in addition to wrapping PYTHONPATH
> (unless I made a mistake), although at the cost of code duplication. I
> leave it to you and who ever is reviewing this to decide which way is
> more correct and push one, haha.

thanks to both of your for your patches! I just pushed Brendan's, which
wraps only once at the price of copy-pasting from another package. I confirm
that it works, also to click on an epub file from within calibre. Closing
the two bugs asking about qtwebengine.

Concerning the update, is mathjax a required input now, or could we just
leave it out and update nevertheless?

Andreas

Subject: Calibre ebook-viewer requires QtWebEngine
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 11:48:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

when trying to view an epub using ebook-viewer from the calibre package
(or by directly clicking on an epub in calibre), the program fails with
the message:
   Could not find QtWebEngineProcess

I see that commit d79ec4fd343bc2a72652aa3a4b4ae14bd8df88ac has added
python2-pyqtwebengine and qtwebengine to the calibre inputs, but this
is apparently not enough.

I did not git bisect to see where the problem first appeared, but could
do so if this would help debugging.

Andreas