Subject: Re: [bug#43119] [PATCH] gnu: Add guile-srfi-180.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 10:14:25 +0200

Hey,

>> * gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm (guile-srfi-180): New variable.

I'm getting a whole bunch of warnings when building srfi/180/body.scm,
such as:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
srfi/180/body.scm:237:11: warning: possibly unbound variable `textual-port?'
srfi/180/body.scm:198:4: warning: possibly unbound variable `eof-object'
srfi/180/body.scm:195:2: warning: possibly unbound variable `assume'
srfi/180/body.scm:191:23: warning: possibly unbound variable `make-json-error'
srfi/180/body.scm:190:29: warning: possibly unbound variable `make-json-error'
srfi/180/body.scm:186:16: warning: possibly unbound variable `valid-number?'
srfi/180/body.scm:167:29: warning: possibly unbound variable `make-json-error'
srfi/180/body.scm:146:59: warning: possibly unbound variable `bitwise-ior'
srfi/180/body.scm:111:15: warning: possibly unbound variable `make-json-error'
srfi/180/body.scm:106:15: warning: possibly unbound variable `make-json-error'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Do you think they could be fixed?

>> +       "This library describes a JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) parser and printer.
>> +It supports JSON that may be bigger than memory.")

Even though this description is a copy of the SRFI abstract, it seems a
bit vague. I would change "describes" to "implements" or "provides". The
affirmation "JSON bigger than memory" could also be expanded I think.

Thanks,

Mathieu