Subject: bug#43113: tab incorrectly moves to first button, not next button

From: Robert Weiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:55:13 -0400

Now that I have re-read your report, I see that you are thinking that
Hyperbole buttons utilize the Emacs button.el library (which has a keymap
that supports tabbing through buttons).  However, Hyperbole buttons predate
that package by about a decade and so have never utilized it.  So this is
not a bug (either in Emacs or Hyperbole).

I guess what you want are commands that move forward and backward among
explicit or named implicit buttons in a buffer which you can then bind to
keys that you like.  I would suggest you close this report and open a new
feature request, describing the full set of behavior you would like.  Then
we could work on that.

Regards,

Bob

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 12:54 PM Robert Weiner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thanks for tracking this down.  We’ll work on fixing it in about a week.
>
> -- Bob
>
> > On Aug 30, 2020, at 11:58 AM, Craig Andera <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > 
> > I use:  Editor:      GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0,
> NS appkit-1671.20 Version 10.14.3 (Build 18D109))
> >
> >         Hyperbole:   7.1.2
> >         Sys Type:    x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0
> >         OS Type:     darwin
> >         Window Sys:  ns
> >
> > In the Hyperbole DEMO file, hitting tab always takes me to the first
> button, rather than the next one. I traced into the elisp a bit, and sure
> enough `next-button` does not find the buttons in the file other than the
> one at the top. Which seems to be due to `next-single-char-property-change`
> not finding a `button` property change until the end of the file.
> > _______________________________________________
> > Bug-hyperbole mailing list
> > [email-masked]
> > https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-hyperbole
>