Subject: Re: bug#43112: hedgewars 1.0.0 fails to build

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 14:13:06 -0400

Hi,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 01:23:37PM +0000, bdju via Bug reports for GNU
> Guix wrote:
>> build log here:
>> http://ix.io/2vGD
>> 
>> running guix (GNU Guix) a6b72a0f2b02f27c44c28d32ec26fc8188ee61b8
>
> [...]
>
> This does not make much sense to me - it simply looks like a list of
> ghc packages; the first one, [email-masked] is already an input,
> the second one not. Someone who knows ghc should take over...

We recently switched to using shared libraries, which means that GHC
requires some extra flags to do the right thing.

Fixed in f14e808aeae7b2fa7536f5fe62dae66b788fea84.

I tried running the game and the server, and they seem to work.  If
there are any new runtime issues, don’t hesitate to send another bug
report.

-- Tim