Subject: bug#4310: Flymake standardizing(slightly) patch

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 09:43:42 -0400

> However, this brings me to a question, since all the initialization is
> essentially done before flymake finally runs syntax check at the end of the
> minor mode definition. If I want to run the minor mode hook before syntax
> check, but not after, what should I do?

Change flymake-mode to offer this functionality.  Maybe one way to do
that is to move the (flymake-start-syntax-check) to after flymake-mode
is over.  E.g. by running it via run-with-timer.

> Also, I'd imagine some people might want to do something after syntax check
> is done too, like echoing to the minibuffer, or automatically jump to the
> first line of error etc. That means I should probably
> add a post-syntax-check hook.

Yes, that would probably be a good addition.

> But it seems rather complicated due to the number of cases in which it
> may fail.  Any suggestions?

No, you'll have to study the code and/or reorganize it until you feel
comfortable doing it.

        Stefan