Subject: Re: bug#4310: Flymake standardizing(slightly) patch

From: Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 08:23:31 -0400

Ah right. I missed that part of the documentation. Noob mistake.

However, this brings me to a question, since all the initialization is 
essentially done before flymake finally runs syntax check at the end of 
the minor mode definition. If I want to run the minor mode hook before 
syntax check, but not after, what should I do?

Also, I'd imagine some people might want to do something after syntax 
check is done too, like echoing to the minibuffer, or automatically jump 
to the first line of error etc. That means I should probably add a 
post-syntax-check hook. But it seems rather complicated due to the 
number of cases in which it may fail. Any suggestions?

Glenn Morris wrote:
> Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong wrote:
> 
>> I've added a default keymap and a minor-mode hook to flymake
> 
> With regards to the hook part, it already runs flymake-mode-hook, as
> you can see eg by:
> 
> (add-hook 'flymake-mode-hook (lambda () (error "foo")))
> 
> The define-minor-mode macro takes care of this. There is no need for a
> hook to be defvar'd before use.